Tuesday, April 22, 2014

'No more Shopping Sins' Top Talent


Welcome back to another Top Talent spotlight at Our Creative Corner!
  
    This month we are shining the spotlight on the winner of the 'No More Shopping Sins' Challenge that was hosted by Claudia! Our Creative Corner is so pleased to be welcoming Julie from "Oh Well" who won the Shopping Sins challenge with her gorgeous card.
     
     As usual, before we show you Julie's lovely creation - let's find out a little bit more about this talented crafter.......


1.) Where do you Live?

I'm a 40-something school secretary, wife, and Mum of two, living in Dublin, Ireland.

2.) Describe yourself in five words?

  Yikes, what a hard question!!  Hmmm, what can I say - optimistic, detail-obsessed, good-humoured (mostly!), procrastinator, bookworm.

3.) How long have you been crafting and what made you start crafting?

 I've been into art my whole life - as a child, I was always drawing and colouring (a bumper pack of markers was always a constant on the Santa request list!).  I went to Art College after school, did Graphic Design, but the constant deadlines actually killed my creative urge for years, and I did nothing more until after my children were born.  Discovering stamping and card-making rekindled my interest in making things about 10 years ago.  I've also dabbled in scrapbooking and mixed-media. 

4.) What colour do you hardly ever use?

 I am endlessly in love with patterned paper, inks, buttons and colours.  I love interesting colour combinations but, like many crafters, I have difficulty using yellow and purple - I don't think I've ever made a purple card!!

5.) What is the most useless item that you have purchased for your craft?

  I used to do a lot of time-consuming hand-stitching on my cards, and I loved the effect - but eventually I had to stop, as the hours I put into each card were getting beyond ridiculous.  I bought a "Sew Easy" when they came out, thinking that would speed things along, but hated it, it didn't punch the holes close together enough for me, so I sold it to a less pernickety friend.

6.) Is there is tool/item that you are drooling over at the moment and wanting to buy?

I don't have a lot of crafting tools, just a Cuttlebug - I like to make things myself, this includes letters, numbers and flowers. I love fonts, my favourite way to individualise cards is to tailor the font I use to the style of papers, image, etc

7.)  What do you enjoy most about crafting?

 My favourite thing about crafting is when friends and family open cards I've made for them - I love to see the pleasure on their faces.  I'm also glad to have met many lovely new friends through this hobby.






Julie has created such a lovely card for all of us to see - how cute is this?









Thank you Julie for being a wonderful Top Talent in the spotlight for us today..... and thank you also for taking the time to design such a gorgeous project for us. It has been such a pleasure to feature your work.

     If you want to see more photos and details of how it was made, then please go along to Julie's blog 
"Oh Well"  and say "Hello" - I am sure she would love to see you there!


**********************************

                    Would you like to see your work here in the 'Our Creative Corner' Spotlight?


You could be here as our 'Top Talent' with the spotlight shining on something you have created! All you have to do is enter Alison's With a Song in your Heart challenge

You could also be one of our Top 3 and there is even the chance to be 
the winner of a super prize kindly donated by Tando 
          There is one more week of Alison's challenge left, so why not have fun creating!
    
 Don't forget to come back on the 25th when you will find Alison here to show you her wonderful Tando Sponsor Spotlight! 





6 comments:

  1. Your card is so gorgeous, Julie,
    and I love the textures you incorporated! The dots help make this creation so endearing and the colours and papers chosen are just perfect! Thank you so much for being our Top Talent today!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Julie and nice to read about how you starting crafting etc. Thanks for sharing. Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card and so lovely to read more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exquisite card! Really interesting biog too! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card - love that dotty texture and lovely layering. Lovely to get to know you better, Julie!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx