Sunday, January 11, 2015

Finnabair Inspired - Guest Designer

Hello Everyone!

Pamellia here and I am so excited to finally get the chance to introduce you to our surprise guest for January. This lady has been such an inspiration to me. She has taught me new techniques and improvements on old techniques, she pushes boundaries and steps outside of her comfort zone to try new and exciting things! I do hope you will all join me in welcoming INGRID of Ingrid's Crafts Corner!!

Ingrid is an amazing crafter, and not only is she talented, but she is kind-hearted and fun-spirited, just the kind of person you know you want to get to know better the minute you meet her. I feel so blessed to have found her in blogland and even more blessed to call her my friend!

Ingrid can do it all...vintage, CAS, shabby, grungy, altered art, cards, journals...you name it, she has mastered it! She even makes jewelry out out Tyvek, I kid you not!!

I think you will all agree that Ingrid is a creative force to be reckoned with and I am so proud of the project she put together for my Christmas Leftovers theme! Feast your eyes on this!!



*******************************************************



Hello and Happy New Year to you all! 

Ingrid here! I hope you all enjoyed the festivities and are ready for 2015! May it 2015 bring you everything you ever wished for! Mine started with a big bang winning the Card Designer 2014 competition with the UK leading magazine Simply Cards & Papercraft and I am looking forward to my new venture! :)

I would like to thank Pamellia for inviting me to be her Guest Designer in January. I am very honoured to be joining such amazing and talented group of crafters. I love playing along the challenges here at Our Creative Corner and hope you will be able to join this month's challenge too! Pamellia has chosen a great theme for this month.... 


 I am blessed to call Pam my friend and know how much she loves to give the occasional lucky cereal box a makeover and a makeover it is! This girl has magic hands and a very, very good taste. If you haven't visited her blog yet then I would urge you to, you will not be disappointed. 

I am a little texture-mad and love to create some seriously messy abstract art. I have always admired art by Finnabair, but have never had a go at it myself! Yes, a bit risky to try when guest designing, but isn't it what our creative journey is about? About not being afraid to experiment, try new things and explore the unknown? If you follow my blog then you know that I very much enjoy experimenting and developing new techniques. So I thought I'd give it a go and today I'd like to share the result of my messy play with you.



I gathered my Christmas leftovers which include a cardboard that my Christmas pressie arrived in, the base of a gorgeous iced star biscuits made into a Christmas tree cake I got from my new work colleagues (They thought I really liked the biscuits, but secretly I had my eye on the base ;)), some bottle caps from my partner's festive beverages :), tissue paper, some wrapping paper, a jumbo bubble wrap, ribbons, etc..... I am a bit of a craft hoarder too it seems :/ 


I removed the foil from the cake base, covered it in a tissue paper, added some papers including the cardboard, some netting from our oranges and all tiny little bits and bobs like buttons, clock cogs and glass beads for texture... 


I covered the entire piece with a white Gesso and let it dry. The impatient me got the better of me and I dried it with my heat gun.

When satisfied with the condition of the surface I sprayed it with a mix of Dylusions sprays (Midnight Blue, Calypso Teal, Cherry Pie to create a deep purple colour.. ).

When dry I added some brass embossing powder by Wow! and sponged the edges and raised areas with a black Stazon. I wanted it to be dark enough with some lighter areas peeking through.

I also added a crackled Docrafts frame (Tim Holtz clear Rock Candy crackle paint) and an embossed butterfly die cut (Xcut).

I think I will choose a rectangular canvas next time, but all in all I was happy with the result and enjoyed the process. I do hope you like it :)

Here are some photos for you... 






Thank you for joining me here! Feel free to leave me a comment or two here or on my blog - Ingrid's Crafts Corner - and I look forward to seeing your creations this month! 

Big hugs, 

Ingrid xxx 



*******************************************************


WOW, is about all I can muster! My vocabulary escapes me because my brain is filled with all of the beauty of this amazing project! I told you she was talented, didn't I! Somebody pass me a tissue, I'm drooling!! lol


I hope that seeing Ingrid's wonderful Finnabair Inspired creation will inspire you to come along and play with us this month.  

Remember, we're looking for creations made with....


You have until 28th January to play - and you'll find all the challenge details as well as lots of inspiration from the brilliant Our Creative Corner design team by clicking on the challenge link.

Happy Crafting
Pamellia!

21 comments:

  1. Just beautiful ... a gorgeous way to recycle and in my fave colour too!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Ingrid! I can understand how crafters like us have eyes only on the "container" and not the content, Lol! This is just a beautiful transformations, the textures and colors are just too good. Congrats on the guest spot. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those colours are so regal and rich looking. Amazing project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such shimmer and shine, a stunning project Ingrid. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on a wonderful guest DT spot,Inka! Absolutely stunning creation and the colours are so rich and vibrant. Brilliantly done ;)))
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wow! This is amazing. Thank you for sharing so many photographs of the process. Brilliant!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really stunning with amazing colours and textures

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow wow wow !!!!!! I am gobsmacked by this luxurious piece of wonderful art ... beautiful colors, design and texture, so stunning and innovative .. love x

    ReplyDelete
  9. BRILLIANT - STUPENDOUS - TOTALLY the epitome of mixed media - in my mind, anyway! Oh, Ingrid - such an inspiration - one of the BEST guests EVER in my short time here because this is my heart - what I love - mixed media. Your leftovers created the FANTASTIC. Thank you so so so so much. Great way to start the year with your inspiration. YEAH for Ingrid.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so gorgeous! All of that gold and those stunning layers and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Ingrid's work and it is great to see her featured here! This project is just fabulous, LOVE it Ingrid!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much, you are all very sweet! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ingrid!! This is absolutely yummy!! What a gorgeous make from leftovers! You rocked this!1 Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a decadent and lush transformation Ingrid. This looks STUNNING! Love those rich gilded highlights and wonderful tactile texture. Finnabair would love this jewel like creation for sure. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving the colours very much Ingrid, what a fantastic project to share. Huge congrats on your GD spot, i am sure you will be on the GD returns list, such inspiration is awesome;-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous texture and colours - what a beauty!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous OCC GD spot, Ingrid and a fabulous introduction by Pamellia!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow. Just wow. She had me at the color!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wowzers - this is phenomenal! Going to have to agree with Maria f here and go that the first thing I loved about it was that amazing colour! Cant believe how you you took such ordinary things and turned them into something fabulous. Always such a fan of your work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Our Creative Corner! We will publish your comment as soon as possible.... Hope you come back to see us soon xxx